Sunday, April 19, 2020

Draft Sketchup Model (In Progress) (From Week 2 to Week 4)

3D CAD MODEL DEVELOPMENT OF SCHOOL

USED FLOOR PLAN AND SECTION: 




(See previous post for process and justification)

DEVELOPMENT PROCESS

Overall the development process was quite difficult. After missing out on feedback during Week 3, I made an effort to rush development of a draft to make logical and tangible sense of my sketches in 3D - something I should have done in the first place.

I found that while I had a vivid idea of how I wanted the architecture to be constructed and where each space and floor intersect and merged together - I did not have enough time to fully resolve the design to a level of detail and communication that I would have liked as a result of the design being very difficult to draw in Sketchup.

While the structure looks complex, I still thoroughly know what direction I want to take in the final few weeks - but this will require more effort and learning of Sketchup mechanics to push the software and resolve the design in the way I want it to look. 

I should also draw some more sketches of the building concept to clarify the architecture and communicate my ideas to others outside of Sketchup,  during the development process.














2 LUMION RENDERS 



No comments:

Post a Comment