Friday, April 3, 2020

Experimenting with Massing Elements through the One Point Perspective

ONE POINT PERSPECTIVES


As part of the Bridge experiment, 3D sketching was employed to explore the would be form of the pedestrian circulation. Since my proposed concept proved to accentuate difficulties in drawing the entire form in a single moleskin page in addition to being a tad complicated in its sprouting directions, my tutor advised me to focus on a part of the circulation. For this reason, I chose to focus my one perspective drawings on the entrance form.



I began by drawing the perspective as I saw it in Sketchup.

Then using a blue pen to propose potential massing elements to start creating the form of the bridge. Negative space was used whenever I projected unwanted lines in blue pen to further manipulate form. I repeated this step with red pen.



Unfortunately, the end result wasn't exactly the most desirable effect, turning into a cluttered mess with a form I wasn't too pleased about in what I was trying to achieve. The entrance of the school of architecture should be potent, I want students to be immersed in open space as they enter in both nature and the built environment.



The perspectives were a difficult form of 3D sketching and I ended up going through many pages of my moleskin book(s) to practice my ability. I ended up settling for minute changes and differences in my entrance form. Since I proposed my entrance concept to be an open space, there wasn't much massing to be done to drastically alter form.


One point perspectives One and Two


One point perspective Three


As per the criteria, I will endeavour to produce two point perspectives with developed massing elements respect to my theory, circulation and inhabitation. Since the one point perspectives focused on the entrance, the two point perspectives should focus on the crux form of bridge. This also allows the opportunity for the second set of perspectives to focus on a more significant and distinctive form.


No comments:

Post a Comment